||In 1677, the Admiralty jurisdiction of the Leewards was formally separated from that of Barbados. The seat of the Leewards' Vice-Admiralty courts became Antigua, with subordinate courts in several other islands. During the American Revolutionary War, the Court at Antigua received the majority of the vessels seized by the Royal Navy while sailing the Leewards, Virgin Islands and the northern shores of Puerto Rico and Spanish Santo Domingo. Prize business, after the last spurt of 1812-1814 , came to an abrupt end in 1815. Thereafter, mercantilist business also declined
so completely that within twenty years the Vice Admiralty Courts had reverted to a status less significant than at any time since their foundation. Practically speaking, they remained simply occasional tribunals for the settlement of ordinary maritime disputes.
In the year 1863, when the act regulating the vice-admiralty courts was passed, there was still a vice-admiralty court at Antigua. But in 1890, the Colonial Courts of Admiralty Act provided that, except in the colonies of New South Wales, Victoria, St Helena and British Honduras, vice-admiralty courts should be abolished, and a substitution made of colonial courts of admiralty.
Sources: Craton, Michael John: The Caribbean Vice Admiralty Courts, 1763-1815. Indispensable Agents of an Imperial System, Hamilton 1968; https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/1911_Encyclop%C3%A6dia_Britannica/Admiralty_Jurisdiction.en
The Vice-Admiralty Court of Antigua was the headquarters of Vice-Admiralty courts in the Leewards from 1667 on. Its satellite courts were the courts of St. Kitt's, Montserrat, Nevis, Anguilla and Tortola.en